South-East Coast – Paje & Jambiani
Paje and Jambiani always had a busy beach scene that draws backpackers and kite-surfers. The two villages are densely-built and near the city centers a quite night sleep is very limited. However, the beaches here are simply beautiful and offer amazing views. There are some great resort options if you are looking for peace and quiet with the possibility for an action-filled adventure just a few steps away…
Paje is a paradise for watersport enthusiasts – especially kite-surfers. The water is shallow with a sandy ground and you will hardly find any sea urchins. A constant flow of wind guarantees great kitesurfing conditions – especially for beginners and advanced ones. Also, in Jambiani kite-surfing is possible, however, due to the rocky ground only experts should go into the water here.
Further Details – South-East Coast
Which travelers will particularly enjoy this beach destination?
- who don’t mind basic accommodations at the majority of the day is spend at the beach
- who are looking for some action with music and night-life
- who like to get in touch with travelers from all over the world
- who like to explore the island as a variety of excursions are near-by
You shouldn't miss...
- bike ride to discover the village of Makunduchi
- exotic fruit tasting with incredible tasty juices
- learn the basic’s of kite-surfing
- take a stroll to the village to experience local life outside your beach resort
- traditional wood trimaran sailing
Our Favorite Excursion:
- Traditional Swahili Cooking Class
Near-By Island Activities:
- Dhow Excursion with Sandbank BBQ & Snorkeling
- Jozani Forest & Mangrove Tour
Beach Resorts in Paje and Jambiani
- Blue Oyster Hotel
- Cristal Resort
- The Loop
- White Sands
You may also like to explore…
Check out our sample itinerary for a possible beach extention to Zanzibar Island. The itinerary can be customized to your individual wishes! Prices depend on number of travelers, duration of your beach stay, the travel time and your accommodation preferences.
Activities & Daytrips
Maybe relaxing and sunbathing at the beach sounds a bit boring? Zanzibar Island has lots of activities to offer: for water enthusiasts and travelers interested in ancient ruins. Check out our favorite ones here!
Scroll through our selection of beach resorts on Zanzibar Island – each personally visited and reviewed! Depending on your travel preferences and budget, we will recommend the perfect accommodation stay for you!